With increasing legislation and consumer concerns on nutritional factors such as salt and fat content, it is recommended that nutritional information on packaging is confirmed by analytical techniques. Published data is based on averages and some cases limited data therefore it is essential to confirm the nutritional information prior to the generation of the label and to validate the information regularly by analysis for due diligence purposes.
From our laboratory in Cork, Eurofins offers an extensive range of nutritional testing via our Irish facilities to assist food manufacturers and suppliers with:
- compliance with food labelling legislation
- compliance with retailer specifications
- due diligence and quality control
- surveillance studies.
For more information please contact our sales team on 01 431 1306 or make an enquiry.
Key Nutritional Testing Services
- Group 1 and 2 nutritional labelling
- meat content and added water
- trans fatty acids
- omega 3 fatty acids
- major minerals and trace elements.
- caffeine, sweeteners, preservatives and other additives
Eurofins can provide assistance to help businesses understand the complex labelling legislation and to check draft labels against the relevant regulations.