Other Authenticity Testing
Other parameters for food authenticity available through our labs include:
- fruit juice and derived products: detection of addition of sugar, water, colourings, aromas or other undeclared additives and determination of fruit content
- maple syrup: detection of addition of sugar, water, colourings, aromas or other undeclared additives.
- wines or ciders: detection of chaptalisation, sugaring, dilution or addition of glycerol, checking the process used in sparkling products, conformity to the isotopic profile
- spirits or beers: control of the botanical origin of the alcohol, detection of addition of water, sugars or flavours according to current regulations and/or product specifications
- flavours: checking whether a flavour is natural such as vanilla, aniseed, bitter almond, cinnamon, linalool
- caffeine: checking for natural or synthetic sources in tea, coffee or guarana-containing drinks
- dairy products: confirmation of the main feed used, such as grass or maize silage, detection of the addition of lipids, lactose or casein and check flavourings such as fruit, vanilla
- cereals: confirmation of the variety
- basmati or jasmine rice: quantification of the basmati and/or Thai Jasmine rice present in a batch.
For more information about Eurofins food testing services please contact our sales team on 01431 1306 or make an enquiry.