qNIPT PrenaTest® is a non invasive prenatal test which screens for trisomy 21 and it can also determine the fetal gender. The smart qNIPT assay is based on quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) and can be performed from 9 weeks of pregnancy.
PrenaTest® is suitable for singleton pregnancies and can be used following assisted reproduction
– even if donor eggs are used. PrenaTest® is not suitable for twin pregnancies.
PrenaTest® is performed using two tubes of maternal blood, eliminating any risk of miscarriage, or other adverse outcomes that are associated with invasive testing procedures such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS).
BENEFITS OF qNIPT PrenaTest®:
- No risk to the foetus: it is safe, rapid and reliable, requiring only 2 tubes of the mother's blood
- Can be performed from 9 weeks gestation
- Gender determination optional
- Can be used following assisted reproduction (even if donor eggs are used)
- It does not require a minimum foetal fraction of 4%
To find out more and to order the test, please click here.