Ninalia Non Invasive Prenatal Testing
Non-invasive prenatal testing offers early genetic screening for chromosomal conditions using just one tube of blood, as early as 10 weeks into a patient’s pregnancy. NIPT analyses cell free foetal and maternal DNA from a maternal blood sample to screen for common chromosome conditions including trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome), and trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome).
Eurofins Biomnis is proud to offer Ninalia, a reliable and accurate non-invasive prenatal test which uses the leading Illumina technology.
The test has the lowest failure rate (0.2%) of any non-invasive prenatal test on the market. This means that it virtually guarantees a result every time.
The Ninalia non-invasive prenatal test uses just one tube of maternal blood, eliminating any risk of miscarriage, or other adverse outcomes that are associated with invasive testing procedures such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS).
WHO CAN HAVE THIS TEST:
- When an ultrasound reveals abnormalities with fetal growth and/or abnormalities
- Risk greater than 1/1000 according to maternal serum markers
- Mothers aged ≥ 38 years for patients that did not benefit of the maternal serum markers assay
- History of pregnancy with foetal aneuploidies
- Relative is carrier of a Robertsonian translocation involving chromosome 13 or 21
- Pregnancy with twins
- 1st line screening
HOW IT WORKS:
WE MAKE THE PROCESS SEAMLESS FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AND PATIENTS.
- Patient decides to take the test.
- Patient or physician orders the test kit online.
- The NIPT kit is shipped to the address provided by patient or physician.
- Patient proceeds to blood draw, the request form and informed consent form are completed by patient and physician.
- Blood sample and test request form are sent back to lab on the same day as blood draw.
- Lab processes and analyses the sample.
- Test results are sent to the requesting physician within 8 working days.
- Sample type:1 x 10 ml tube of whole blood
- Temperature: Room temperature
- Method: NGS
- TAT: 8 working days
To find out more and to order the test, please click here.