qNIPT PrenaTest® for fetal trisomy 21 and gender determination
qNIPT PrenaTest® is a non invasive prenatal test which screens for trisomy 21 and it can also determine the fetal gender. The smart qNIPT assay is based on quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) and can be performed from 9 weeks of pregnancy.
PrenaTest® is suitable for singleton pregnancies and can be used following assisted reproduction
– even if donor eggs are used. PrenaTest® is not suitable for twin pregnancies.
PrenaTest® is performed using two tubes of maternal blood, eliminating any risk of miscarriage, or other adverse outcomes that are associated with invasive testing procedures such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS).
BENEFITS OF qNIPT PrenaTest®:
- No risk to the foetus: it is safe, rapid and reliable, requiring only 2 tubes of the mother's blood
- Can be performed from 9 weeks gestation
- Gender determination optional
- Can be used following assisted reproduction (even if donor eggs are used)
- It does not require a minimum foetal fraction of 4%
WHO CAN HAVE THIS TEST:
- 1st line screening
- Mothers aged ≥ 35 years
- Following abnormal ultrasound findings
- History of pregnancy with foetal aneuploidies
- Relative is carrier of a Robertsonian translocation involving chromosome 21
HOW IT WORKS:
- Patient decides to take the test.
- Patient or physician orders the test kit online.
- The NIPT kit is shipped to the address provided by patient or physician.
- Patient proceeds to blood draw, the request form and informed consent form are completed by patient and physician.
- Blood sample and test request form are sent back to the laboratory on the same day as the blood draw.
- The laboratory processes and analyses the sample.
- Test results are sent to the requesting physician within 4 to 8 working days.
- Sample type:2 x LBgard Blood Tubes
- Storage Temperature: 3 to 37°C
- Method: qPCR
- TAT: 4 to 8 working days
BEFORE ORDERING AND PAYING FOR THE TEST AND KIT, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR PHYSICIAN WILL SUPPORT YOU IN THE NIPT PROCESS.
Sample must be delivered to Eurofins Biomnis Ireland on the same day that the blood has been drawn. You can bring the specimen to our laboratory yourself, or please call our Logistics Team on freephone: 1800 252 967 to arrange collection point, free of charge. Test kits can be delivered nationwide and samples can also be collected nationwide.
Please follow the sampling protocol provided with our qNIPT Prenatest® kit. All NIPT requests must be accompanied by our patient consent and information form and test request form which you will receive together with the test kit.
TO ORDER YOUR TEST KIT CLICK HERE
For updated performance metrics, please click here.