Ninalia Non Invasive Prenatal Testing
Ninalia NIPT offers early genetic screening for chromosomal conditions using just one tube of blood, as early as 10 weeks of gestation.
The test screens for the main fetal aneuploidies like trisomy 13, 18 and 21. Ninalia also provides optional screening for sex chromosomes aneuploidies, and optional gender determination.
This test has a very low failure rate (0.2%) virtually guaranteeing a result every time.
The Ninalia test uses just one tube of maternal blood, eliminating any risk of miscarriage, or other adverse outcomes that are associated with invasive testing procedures such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS).
WHO CAN HAVE THIS TEST:
- When an ultrasound reveals abnormalities with fetal growth and/or abnormalities
- Risk greater than 1/1000 according to maternal serum markers
- Mothers aged ≥ 38 years for patients that did not benefit of the maternal serum markers assay
- History of pregnancy with foetal aneuploidies
- Relative is carrier of a Robertsonian translocation involving chromosome 13 or 21
- Pregnancy with twins
- 1st line screening
HOW IT WORKS:
- Patient decides to take the test.
- Patient or physician orders the test kit online.
- The NIPT kit is shipped to the address provided by patient or physician.
- Patient proceeds to blood draw, the request form and informed consent form are completed by patient and physician.
- Blood sample and test request form are sent back to the laboratory on the same day as the blood draw.
- The laboratory processes and analyses the sample.
- Test results are sent to the requesting physician within 8 working days.
- Sample type:1 x 10 ml tube of whole blood
- Temperature: Room temperature
- Method: NGS
- TAT: 8 working days
To see a sample report for this test, CLICK HERE.
BEFORE ORDERING AND PAYING FOR THE TEST AND KIT, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR PHYSICIAN IS ABLE TO SUPPORT YOU IN THE NON-INVASIVE PRENATAL TESTING PROCESS.
Sample must be delivered to Eurofins Biomnis Ireland on the same day that the blood has been drawn*. You can bring the specimen to our laboratory yourself, or please call our Logistics Team on freephone: 1800 252 967 to arrange collection point, free of charge. Samples can be collected nationwide.
*To ensure sample viability for lab processing, we accept NIPT samples only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please follow the sampling protocol provided with our NIPT kit. All NIPT requests must be accompanied by our patient consent and information form which you will receive together with the test kit.
TO ORDER YOUR TEST KIT CLICK HERE
For updated performance metrics, please click here.
To find our more about the Illumina technology and the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) method, please click here.