Medical Scientist in Microbiology on a Permanent Basis
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with good organizational skills and ability to work in a team to help continue the development of our company. In return, we provide an excellent working environment with a competitive salary.
Reporting to Senior Medical Scientist in Microbiology, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing all activities related to the receipt, analytical testing and reporting of laboratory specimens appropriate to a Medical Microbiology laboratory
- Evaluating results and communicate with Laboratory Management, Consultant Pathologist and/or the requesting clinician any relevant information regarding patient safety
- Participating in the Microbiology quality assurance programmes in compliance with ISO 15189 requirements and Health and Safety legislation
- Assisting in reagent and general stock control related to the microbiology area
- Carrying out clerical and technical tasks in accordance with sample handling procedures
- Providing input into maintaining policies and procedures, review and update as required
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Science
- Current registration with the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine
- Relevant experience in a medical laboratory (microbiology)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply in writing by sending their CV in strictest confidence to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31st, 2019. Informal enquiries may be made by contacting our Human Resources Department on (01) 295 8545.