Laboratory Services Manager
Reporting to the Director of Laboratory & Commercial Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management and development of all our Laboratory Services. This challenging position encompasses service effectiveness and efficiency reviews, operational and technological development, continuous quality improvement and hands-on people management to drive our service into the future.
Minimum Qualifications required:
Membership of The Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a medical laboratory since qualifying as a Medical Scientist, five of which should be in a Senior capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of good laboratory practices and demonstrable operational management abilities.
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring performance against KPIs.
- A commitment to Laboratory Accreditation with good experience of leading a laboratory to achieving or maintaining accreditation to the ISO 15189 medical testing standard.
- Strong experience in people management.
- Proven ability to work and deliver services within agreed budgets.
Skills and abilities required for this post:
- High capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
- Forward thinking and passionate about delivering a first class experience to those we serve.
- Collaborative and able to build trusting relationships across a diverse workforce
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented
- Resilient and able to overcome setbacks
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates should apply in writing by sending their CV in strictest confidence together with a one page letter of application highlighting why you are suitable for this position to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries may be made by contacting Mr. Mark McKeever on 086 174 4757.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5 p.m. on Friday 22 March 2019.