Chief Medical Scientist in Histology
Eurofins Pathology is part of one of the largest medical laboratory groups in the world. We are proud to offer our clients an accredited pathology service which uses the most sophisticated diagnostic equipment and techniques in all fields of pathology, including a dedicated pathology transport service, expert medical pathologist support and novel IT connectivity solutions to meet all of your pathology needs.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management and development of our Histology Department.
• Minimum Qualifications required:
- Membership of The Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine.
• Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years proven operational experience qualifying as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with exposure to all aspects of the area of Histology, with 1-2 years in a leadership role preferred.
-Skilled in Histopathology, Laboratory Skills, Cytopathology, and Molecular Pathology
-Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring performance against KPIs.
-A commitment to Laboratory Accreditation with good experience of leading a laboratory to achieving or maintaining accreditation to the ISO 15189 medical testing standard.
-Recruit, train and lead a team of skilled medical and administrative staff, creating and promoting healthy working relationships.
-Identify and implement operational processes to the standard of best practice in order to optimise use of resources.
- Proven ability to work and deliver services within agreed budgets.
-Maintain good working relationship with the Consultant Histopathologists.
-Encourages lab personnel towards professional growth and development by sharing information.
• Skills and abilities required for this post:
- High capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
- Collaborative and able to build trusting relationships across a diverse workforce.
- Resilient and able to overcome setbacks.
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates should apply in writing by sending their CV in strictest confidence together with a one page letter of application highlighting why you are suitable for this position to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries may be made by contacting Mr. Mark McKeever on 086 174 4757.