Basic Grade Medical Scientist (Blood Sciences)
This is an excellent opportunity for an efficient and well organized person to work with an excellent team who are at the top of their profession in terms of service provision.
This role will be offered on a full time basis under 1 year contract.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
Automated Haematology, Clinical Chemistry and Immunoassay analysis together with blood parasitology; Manual differential analysis and sample preparation; Clinical Chemistry and Haematology analysis on Saturdays together with on call out of hours; Evaluation AND authorisation of results.
- Assisting in:
Quality assurance programme; Reagent and general stock control; Carrying out clerical and technical tasks in accordance with sample handling procedures; Maintaining policies and procedures, review and update as required.
- The ideal Candidate should have:
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Science
- Current registration with the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine
- 2 years experience in a multidisciplinary medical laboratory
- Skills and abilities required for this post:
- Highly responsible and self driven
Interested candidates should submit a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by the 1st June 2018.